Secondary UserGroups Help Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secondary UserGroups Help Needed

We are having an issue with some of our user permissions. Secondary user groups are having their posts all sent to the moderation qeue, only in private forums we have set up by special request.

We cannot find any Forums, Usergroups or individual users who are set to have their posts to moderation. Everything was working as of yesterday.

Is it possible someone could sign in with Admin rights to our forum and take a look and advise us as to what to do to correct this? We have a fairly big membership (450 in 10 days) and we urgently need to correct this problem.

We are using 3.0.8 still, hoping for 3.5 gold, I am not comfortable with the changes I made and didn't want to upgrade yet.

Could that be the problem?

I appreciate any help if anyone is here, I know it is late.

Thank you

In the 3.0.x versions, the usergroup permission 'Always Moderate This Group's Posts' is the only one that needs to be set to No to work correctly.

I suggest you run through your forum- and usergrouppermissions and check that this is set correctly everywhere.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

1. Check ALL the usergroup permissions for that forum (Forum Permissions). One of the usergroups they are in may be set to moderate posts.

2. Make sure the Primary usergroup has 'Allow Users to have Member Groups ' set to 'Yes'. Otherwise secondary permissions are not considered.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Double Checking Now

Thank You for responding.

We believe we did check ALL the usergroup permissions for that forum (Forum Permissions). One of the usergroups they are in may be set to moderate posts. But we are Double Checking Now!

The Primary Group is set to Yes to have Member Groups

Will take about 5 minutes, there are two of working on this.

Be right back

UPDATE: We have made progress and now can post in all secondary groups, with the exception of one of the secondary groups! Still Working!
        Last edited by plebobo; Sun 18 Sep '05, 11:04pm.

Comment

I can pretty much guarantee that if you do not have any hacks installed, then this is a problem with your Forum Permissions.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Making Progress, Only One Still Hangin posts to Mod

Okay Guys We are down to only one forum that is still on moderator que posts and threads. This is quite an improvement! It was 6 forums. We are still working on it however, I think you have directed us to the right source. I will edit this post (so I don't make a string of update posts) once we are complete and successful.

If we are unable to fix this last one, I will then post a new reply so that you can see it as a new post.

Thanks so much you both are lifesavers!

EDIT: Yes Steve I am sure you are right we are still checking all of them again LOL (It is very late, huh?) Thanks again, will post when we are successful!

Edit: No we have no hacks installed
            Last edited by plebobo; Sun 18 Sep '05, 11:26pm.

Comment

Success!!!

SUCCESS!!!! Thank you guys for all your help and for responding so quickly in our distressful moment!

We have learned a big lesson here and will not travel this particular challenging road again!

That's not to say we will not make a mess in some other area!

Thanks so much again to both of you!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X