Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meta Keywords (How many are you allowed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meta Keywords (How many are you allowed)

I have a huge list of keywords here that I was going to use, and I mean huge. A full list of every tropical fish species. Both english and latin names.

My question is this: Is there a limit as to how many Keywords you should use. Do search engines start to ignore them if you go over a certain ammout of characters.

Remember I'm talking about Keywords here, not meta tag description which is between 200 - 500 characters.

I probably wouldn't put more than 50 in merely because it would increase page loading time (more text to send to the browser). I don't know if there's a set limit as it would probably be a per-engine type thing. However keywords are starting to become less important due to lexical searching of pages.
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

Well I found a good site that gave some great information. One thing it did say was: Don't use less than 200 characters if you want you sites keywords to get optimized proper. It also said using the same word more that 3 times as single words like "fish,great fish tales,Fish face", may tell search engines to class it as spamming one keyword and not get you listed.

Use a certain keyword instead like this: "fishing,fishface,fishfood". So there not 3 single fish words as an example, but you still get to use the word more than 3 times etc.

Out of interest, I have already read that Google does not use keywords to index sites anyway.
      Last edited by MRGTB; Sun 18 Sep '05, 10:40pm.

Comment

Where do you add keywords in the admin control panel? Thanks.

Comment

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> vBulletin Options -> General Settings -> Meta Keywords: XX

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X