VBulletin 3.0.7 and 3.0.3 on same host

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBulletin 3.0.7 and 3.0.3 on same host

I am hosting multiple releases of the vBulletin code for two different URL's that are serviced by the same linix (Fedora Core 2 soon to be Core 4) server. I was wondering if I needed to change anything on the server side to prevent cross over between the two. They each have their own data base in the MYSQL server and they seem to work but I get errors from the 3.0.7 release complaining about the SQL

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.7:

Invalid SQL:
    SELECT *
    FROM vb3_session
    WHERE sessionhash = '79bfbdc360dd212f6c4d731509d1e12d'
    AND lastactivity > 1126392911
    AND host = '67.8.236.154'
    AND idhash = '85b5e640218efa9a96f4dfe43dea885c'

mysql error: Record has changed since last read in table 'vb3_session'

mysql error number: 1020

Date: Saturday 10th of September 2005 07:10:11 PM
    Script: http://www.fs911.us/member.php?u=3
    Referer: http://www.fs911.us/
    IP Address: 67.8.236.154
    I tried setting the cookie path to isloate things but that just created an issue logging in which I used the "fix_login.php" to get back to normal. If this is some other issue I would like any suggestion. Each of these forums is using the same web server just mapped to a virtual server for each URL. Each forum has a separate license so there should not be any legal issues.
    Last edited by gary miller; Sun 11 Sep '05, 7:08am.

I went to the script link and it works fine for me.

I'm am not familiar with that sql error but maybe doing a hard refresh may solve it?

Comment

This error:

mysql error: Record has changed since last read in table 'session'

Is caused by a bug in MySQL 4.1.7 concerning HEAP tables:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs....iew&bugid=3495
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well I am not running that release as a matter of fact I am not even in the 4.* series but I will look into it. According to my "rpm -qa | grep mysql" I have the following:

mysql-3.23.58-16.FC2.1
        mysql-bench-3.23.58-16.FC2.1
        mysql-server-3.23.58-16.FC2.1
        php-mysql-4.3.10-2.4

I was getting ready to upgrade to FC4 but I am going to hold off for another week until am sure I know what the consequences will be.

Comment

BTW: This message it not appearing from the 3.0.3 version of the code so I don't know if that impacts the answers any.

Comment

The only known cause of this error is what I posted above. If that is not the case, then I do not know what is causing this.
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You were correct ... I had hand installed 4.1.7 so the RPM list was not up to date. I am now using 4.1.14 standard with no problems.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X