Dedicated HTTP/MySQL server: login issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dedicated HTTP/MySQL server: login issues

After having very low forum speeds because of a lot of visitors, we decided to appoint another server to do the job. HTTP and MySQL are split now. The original server is still handling the MySQL-requests, the other server handles the HTTP requests.

I set up the new server (HTTP) by uploading the forum software and doing a clean install using the local database. So far so good, no problems installing. After the installation I changed includes/config.php to access the database on the other server (DB). Also no problem: I can see the forums, threads, attachments, ....

One major problem: I (and other people) can't login using the forums or the admin. It just keeps telling me the username/password combo isn't right. Am I missing any configuration changes I have to make? I searched the forums, but couldn't find any threads about this issue. Thanks for helping me out.

Servers are both Unix-servers running MySQL 4.0 and Apache 2.0/PHP4; vBulletin version 3.0.8

similar problems here.

We had to restore our database from an old backup, and now users can't login either. I'm sure I broke something stupid, but can't seem to find it.

I'd love to see an answer here.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X