Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I make a category?

Hello

I am new and I just got my vbulletin board but I was wondering how do I get new categories? I can't find the option to do it :S With categories I mean like in here on this forum you have vbulletin announcement, sales, vbulletin 3.5 vbulletin 3.0,...... I only have one standard category and that is "forum" I wish to have 4 categories. How do I do that?
    Secondly how do I get to see pictures in my signature. You have to use some things like [IMG] but when I use that I don't see the picture. Is there somewhere an option do use that code?
    Last edited by _Anubis; Sat 3 Sep '05, 11:44pm.
    _Anubis

Add a forum like any other forum and set one option to no- the one 'Act as Forum'

Click image for larger version

Name:	act_as_forum.gif
Views:	1
Size:	6.0 KB
ID:	3667185

Comment

Thank you Floris. That was very helpfull.! Thanks a lot and you replied so quickly Could you help me with my other question as well? How to see a picture in your signature? And I got a third question? How do I change my banner but make it look like a random banner Every time you refresh your page you'll see another banner?
      _Anubis

Comment

Hi there,

You're welcome, glad I could help.

The second question about signatures:

Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > see screenshot

Third question about rotating banners, I am not sure, sorry - vB doesn't come with a rotating banner management system.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks again floris perhaps you can help me with the next question. How do I change some pictures like when somebody has made a new post that you see that in the main page And where can I change the banner?? I really can't find this so that is why I am posting it.
          _Anubis

Comment

The banner Rotater
            http://phpadsnew.com/two/

Comment

Could you also help me out with my question where I can change the pictures when you get new posts in your thread..
              _Anubis

Comment

If you're using the default template go to the "/images/statusicon" directory.

If not go to *template*/statusicon" directory.

Comment

OK thanks a lot trying to find a good template Could you perhaps help out with something. See I find my forum size a bit to big :S That is the default. Could you perhaps tell me where I can change the size settings that they match sort of like the settings on the vbulletin community here?
                  _Anubis

Comment

ACP -> Style Manager -> StyleVars
                    Stylevars is located in the drop down menu

Change Main Table Width to 80% or to whatever percentage you prefer.

Comment

Thanks a lot harmor !! :d a lot !!
                      _Anubis

Comment

I'm glad I could help.

You're Welcome

Comment

Can you perhaps help me out with something else grr I can't find how to make a second or a third administrator or moderators. Where can I change the banner above??? I don't want that banner of vbulletin there
                          Last edited by _Anubis; Sun 4 Sep '05, 1:46am.
                          _Anubis

Comment

1. ACP -> Users -> Search for Users.
                            Search for a person you would like admin.
                            On the far right click the "Go" button.
                            You should be on a page to edit everything about the user
                            Under "Usergroup Options" is a drop down box.
                            Just select which user group you want the person to be in.

Now you'll need to set permissions
                            Go to Usergroups -> Administrator Permissions -> Edit Permissions

To set up a moderator go to
                            Forums & Moderators -> Forum Manager -> Add Moderator
                            "Add Moderator" is located in the drop down menu.

2. go to "StyleVars" and look for "Title Image".
                            Delete the text in the field and save.

Comment

I see I am not needed here anymore!

Great help harmor Karma++ for you!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X