Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URL avatars - where does the database think they are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• optrex
    replied
    but that means I need to get my script to rename the file extension, which it wont do. I can rename the filename, but not the extension.....arghhh!

Leave a comment:

• conqsoft
    replied
    They are still JPG. vBulletin just names them all .GIF for some reason....

Leave a comment:

• optrex
    replied
    One more thing - when they move to file system they become gifs. Is there any way of keeping them or changing them to jpg ???

Leave a comment:

• optrex
    replied
    Cheers, that is great - once moved to the file system I can handle the rest myself as my script can ftp the image directly.

Thanks conqsoft

Leave a comment:

• conqsoft
    replied
    vBulletin doesn't support linking to external avatars by default, so you'd have to check for a hack on vbulletin.org. To do what you want to do, that's your best bet.

Avatars are stored in the file system or the database, depending on your choice. It's an option under the Avatars section of the AdminCP.

Leave a comment:

• optrex
    replied
    anyone able to help?

Leave a comment:

• optrex
    started a topic URL avatars - where does the database think they are?

URL avatars - where does the database think they are?

OK I've done loads of searching on the subject of avatars. I have an icon hosted on my website that I want to use as an avatar. It updates on my site every 15 mins.

The problem is, because vB uploads it into its database, the icon will not update as an avatar.

So, where does vB put the avatar image when loaded from URL?
    I can get my ftp script to update the image directly into whereever vB thinks it should be, but I cant find it.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X