'Invalid Table Specified' when trying to log into admin section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Invalid Table Specified' when trying to log into admin section

The forums appear to be working OK (front-end) but when I try to log into the admin section I get the error message 'Invalid Table Specified'.

I should add that the admin section has been working fine for a few weeks. To the best of my knowledge nothing has been changed.

Any ideas what might be causing this or how to resolve please?

Thanks for any suggestions
    Last edited by DannyB; Mon 29 Aug '05, 10:29pm.

Is that the complete error? The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yes that was the complete error message - it was a VB error message (ie in the VB message box). The front-end was working fine.

Anyhow I have re-uploaded the files as suggested and it seems to be working OK again now.

Any thoughts as to what might have caused it to suddenly stop working?

Thanks

Comment

My guess is a corrupted or modified vB file.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment