pruning threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pruning threads

i have an RSS bot feed to my forum.. i was hoping to remove some of the old posts for example anything past 20 days old.

Is the prune threads the best way to do this? select X days from post and the forum and user name?

will this do a mass delete of that members old posts?

any issues with doing this?

You want to delete the actual threads? Or do you want to set a "cut off" for the RSS feed?

Comment

i want to delete the actual thread... actually i did the prune of old threads.. then did an update counters do the foruim counter is correct...

when i display tghe user,'RSS Bot' the users # of posts did not get updated when i deleted al lthe older posts... is there a setting that does that?

I see: rebuild statisitics and Update post counts but the update post counts sort of warns not to do it if i "pruned posts"

can i run this or will it cause a problem?

basically i want to reset a users post count after i pruned a lot of their posts...

thanks

sj

Comment

That counter updates the post counts of all users. It won't cause any problems unless you don't want accurate post counts for some reason - like if you wanted them artificially inflated.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X