Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Reputation Not Working for one group

Problem: Moderators cannot leave reputation, but Admins can

Setup: We're running 3.0.7, using a heavily modified postbit_legacy template since we wanted the view from vB 2. Initially, we deleted, not comment tagged, the reputation section, but I grabbed it back from the original skin and placed it in what appears to be the correct place.

Implementation: In order to prevent normal users from using this feature, we spawned a copy of the main skin, and reintroduced the reputation code in a skin for Mods.

Configuration: Here's what we have activated:

vBulletin Options: User Reputation: On
    Usergroup Mgr/Moderators/User Reputation Permissions:
    Can Use Reputation: Yes
    Can Leave Negative Reputation: Yes
    Can See Who Left User Ratings: Yes
    Can Hide Reputation from Others: No
    Minimum Reputation Count: 0

Users cannot choose skins, but I decided to choose the skin for each moderator by editing each user.

Again, it works for admins, but Mods are SOL.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and fixes.

Best,
    WK

Just bumping for the weekend crowd. Any suggestions?

Comment

I didn't understand the question. Do you have this problem with an unmodified style?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve:

Sorry I wasn't so clear. Basically, the subgroup "Moderators" is a group we don't want access to the AdminCP. Crippled admins, yeah, I know. Basically, we put them on the same skin as the admins, which would allow everyone on that skin to use reputation. Regular members would not get to use reputation since it is hidden from their view.

Admins have no problem seeing the "justice weights," but the mods cannot see it for some reason.

and I just switched them to the Default Style, which I believe was untouched. They cannot see the weights. Any thoughts?

Comment

Moderators don't have access to the Admin CP unless you specifically give it to them. As for 'skins' there is no option in vB to limit these per Usergroup. You can edit the Moderator Usergroup Permissions for reputation.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X