Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about "blocked members" and "PM's" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about "blocked members" and "PM's" ?

In vBulletin 3.0.8, if you have a person on your blocked list, what exactly does it block? I mean aside from being able to read their posts...

-does it block them from PM'ing you ?
    -does it block you from PM'ing them ?

Yes to blocking their PMs to you. Not sure about the other way though. No one has ever asked about PMing someone on their ignore list before.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Yes to blocking their PMs to you. Not sure about the other way though. No one has ever asked about PMing someone on their ignore list before.
      I know...weird question...but humor me.

Let's say that User-A decided to put User-B on his/her ignore list. Then User-B cannot PM User-A anymore... but if User-A can PM User-B that could kind of be spam or harassment, and that "ignored" person could not respond. That would not be a good setup as it could actually be abused quite easily. It only makes sense that if you want to "ignore" (or block contact with) someone, that you shouldn't be able to private message them either...

So how do we see if it is possible?

BTW, thank you for your quick answer.

Comment

You can set up a test acccount, ignore it, then test this out yourself.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          You can set up a test acccount, ignore it, then test this out yourself.
          That was only too obvious.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that.

Comment

Originally posted by free thinker
            That was only too obvious.
            I am often Master of the Obvious.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

what is the veriables you can block them from showing in templates.
              Can some one get that information?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X