X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tony adams
    replied
    thanks

will get onto my joint admin, he looks after server side stuff, i do the board stuff

should keep him happy!!!

Leave a comment:

• flynnibus
    replied
    Originally posted by tony adams
    not sure on the host - Linux - CPanel says - Operating system - Linux

am i misunderstanding you on php.ini is that part of vb, thats where i was looking, or is that server side

if the latter i think we do not have access
    its outside of vbulletin, but you may have access to it if you have a GUI to php's config.

If you have shell or FTP access you might have access as well. But it is a configuration file.. outside the scope of vb itself.

Leave a comment:

• tony adams
    replied
    not sure on the host - Linux - CPanel says - Operating system - Linux

am i misunderstanding you on php.ini is that part of vb, thats where i was looking, or is that server side

if the latter i think we do not have access

Leave a comment:

• flynnibus
    replied
    Are you running on windows or a linux host?

in php.ini you have options like these

[mail function]
    ; For Win32 only.
    SMTP = localhost
    smtp_port = 25

; For Win32 only.
    ;sendmail_from = [email protected]

; For Unix only. You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i").
    sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i

The windows lines tell php where the SMTP mailserver is, and who to use as the 'from' address. The linux line specifies the command to use to sendmail for mail.

Do you run your own SMTP mailserver or do you point at someone else's? vbb relies on php to send the mails.. so the problem is likely in php's config

Leave a comment:

• tony adams
    replied
    thanks for the reply

mails from guests to the webmaster work, apart from that i think all mails fail

have tested

1. password notification
    2. db error
    3. new post notification

all of those result in no email

you mention php.ini - have looked in there but have no idea what i am looking for

mails did work, i have, as far as i am aware changed nothing,

Leave a comment:

• flynnibus
    replied
    Originally posted by tony adams
    have had a problem for a while that if i had a db error the board does not send an email, that does not matter as there is always an admin around so we can see the problem immediatly

i am now told and have checked myself that the system does not send our password requests, thats a bit more serious,

hace checked all the settings in vb that i think might control this and can find nothing that i thing is wrong

have quickly checked with my host and there stock answer [to all problems!!] is it is not them

so can someone confirm, is it likely to be a setting in vb or the host, if i know which then i can persue it

thanks

tony
    Do any mails work? Is it just specific ones that fail?

If all mails fail
    Is your php.ini configured properly for the SMTP settings? Has your SMTP server settings changed? Require's auth now or something?

Leave a comment:

• tony adams
    started a topic board not sending emails

board not sending emails

have had a problem for a while that if i had a db error the board does not send an email, that does not matter as there is always an admin around so we can see the problem immediatly

i am now told and have checked myself that the system does not send our password requests, thats a bit more serious,

hace checked all the settings in vb that i think might control this and can find nothing that i thing is wrong

have quickly checked with my host and there stock answer [to all problems!!] is it is not them

so can someone confirm, is it likely to be a setting in vb or the host, if i know which then i can persue it

thanks

tony
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X