X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steven s
    replied
    Originally posted by zoinks
    Anyone familiar with this script, is there a step I'm missing?
    AFAIK it only updates existing databases.
    If you have moved your database to another server you do need to create a new one.
    I use cPanel or you can use phpMyAdmin to create new databases. You don't need to add any tables.

Set your database configuration.
    // Database configuration

$db_server = "localhost";
    $db_name = "";
    $db_username = "";
    $db_password = "";
    Upload a copy of your backup mySQL file to where you uploaded bigdump and run it.

Leave a comment:

• zoinks
    replied
    Also need bigdump help

Originally posted by NyC gQ
    I heard about this bigdump program and I want to try it because i'm having trouble with the SSH restore method....but i'm also confused as to what i'm supposed to do. Can someone explain how to use bigdump?
    I too am having a bit of trouble figuring out how to use bigdump (http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php). From all mentions of it, this appears to be a script to allow you to backup your large mysql databases. However, once I've got it installed, it only seems to upload already-existing backups.

Anyone familiar with this script, is there a step I'm missing?

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    Make sure the path is correct. For example, if the file is in the current directory, then don't use a path:

Code:
    backupname.sql
    If it is in some other directory, then specify the full path:

Code:
    /path/to/backupname.sql

Leave a comment:

• NyC gQ
    replied
    it says invalid path or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    No errors are returned when you enter that command?

Leave a comment:

• NyC gQ
    replied
    It's just not working..i uploaded the DB file to my FTP..and i'm doing that mysql -u dbusername -p databasename < /path/to/backupname.sql

but i might be typing something wrong or getting the path wrong..i donno...i can't find any errors

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    I have never heard of a program called "bigdump."

What problems are you having with the restore command?

Leave a comment:

• NyC gQ
    started a topic Bigdump

Bigdump

I heard about this bigdump program and I want to try it because i'm having trouble with the SSH restore method....but i'm also confused as to what i'm supposed to do. Can someone explain how to use bigdump?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X