Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do I work impex?

Hey,
    I just downloaded impex from the members area and well im a little confused with this. I uploaded the "upload" folder to my forum directory and renamed it "convertors". My question to you is how the heck do I work this thing. I would like to merge two vbulletin databases together, however they are two different vbulletin versions, is that an issue? Do I really need to upload EVERYTHING in the system folder when I really only need vb3?

Thanks,
    Mike

Please view the online instructions here:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex

And please read the Importing HOWTO thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

okay, I have uploaded everything to my vbulletin folder, but I am a little bit confused with those directions online. For the first DB, should it be the main db of the forum and for the source, would that be the db that I would like to import into the main db? Like I said I would like to merge 2 vbulletin databases, however one is an earlier version of 3.0, I dont think that should be a problem....

Comment

The target db is your current vB. The source db is the db you are importing.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks so much for your help Steve. I have successfully, or so I thought, ran the importer. As I stated I wanted to merge two vbulletin databases together.When I go to the main forum index, the total number of members and the total number of threads/posts in each forum appears to be accurate. The problem is when I go to the forum or to the memberlist, none of the imported data is shown. Any ideas?

Comment

Please read the Importing HOWTO thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116398

Take special note of The End Game section. Following these steps should solve those issues.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

im so sorry for asking stupid questions. Steve Machol is my hero...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X