No announcement yet.

enable mass PM's for usergroup leaders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enable mass PM's for usergroup leaders?

I have most of the "joinable groups" feature figured out.

But it would be VERY VERY helpful if "usergroup leaders" had the ability to mass pm their group members.

Can this be done?

Or is there some other mechanism that allows group leaders to easily communicate with their group members?

You can set per usergroup how many PrivMsgs a user from that usergroup can send at the same time. But this is meant for a number like 5 or 15 .. not everybody.

Also, only through the use of a resource as possibly available from vBulletin.org you could achieve what you probably require.

Comment

The joinable group only has about 100 members in it.
      I don't think it will get above 200.

Certainly we don't want to use it to send out 1,000's of PM's at once.

Is there some "natural" limit to the # of mass PM's?

I set up a group exclusively for the 2 group leaders (so that I could control their title/rank precisely). And only that group has the ability to mass PM to a list of 100 members.

Comment

I don't think there is a real limit, but it is annoying to manually add each username in the 'for' field of a privmsg, and I don't know how many characters this input field is limited too. Possibly 250.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
          I don't think there is a real limit, but it is annoying to manually add each username in the 'for' field of a privmsg, and I don't know how many characters this input field is limited too. Possibly 250.
          Annoying, indeed! That is why I asked if there was a more automated way.

Currently, as an admin, I can produce a list of group members using the admincp Search for Users function. But even still, I have to copy the list, paste it into a text editor, remove CR/LF's, insert ";" name separators, then copy and paste into the PM editor. Phew.

I have tried the mass PM to 100 members a couple of times. It seems to process the entire list. (All names appear in the "Sent Items" listing for my PM's. Average name length perhaps 12 characters.) I know people in the middle of the list have received the PM. But I haven't tried a formal limit test yet. Hmmm, maybe I need a test account with the name "Zzzzzz" for this.

Comment

You're best of getting the resource from vbulletin.org and use that to mass pm a usergroup.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X