Stop guests from seeing no posts "never" i the last post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop guests from seeing no posts "never" i the last post

I want my guests to see the amount of posts in a forum and the headers of the forum whilst in that selected forum but i don't want them to see the contents of the threads. Currently the forums where guests can't see posts, there have been "apparently" no posts. When there have been.

This is making one of my busiest forums look like its never had any posts when it has had over 10,000.
    My Football Forum

Thats not available by default on a 3.0.X installation. If you upgraded to 3.5, I believe this can be done. You could also try installing a hack from www.vbulletin.org

MGM out

Comment

3.0.x template modification: How To Allow Viewing of Thread Links But Not Posts
      and another 3.0.x template mod: How To Show Thread And Post Counts For Forums Even When User Doesn't Have Access

Comment

for this one: How To Allow Viewing of Thread Links But Not Posts

Is it possible to do that for just 1 forum? Instead of the whole of the forums?
        My Football Forum

Comment

Yes probably, I don't know that code by head, but I think it should be possible to place a conditional arround it, something like this:

<if condition="$forumid = '5'">the custom code<else />normal code</if>

Comment

thanks
            My Football Forum

Comment

You're welcome, if you require any further assistance please let me know.

Comment

Wow, I was just about to start a thread about this right now.

Thanks!

Comment

Thankfully you found this one first! The benefits of the vBulletin search engine I guess. Glad I could help you both

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                    Thankfully you found this one first! The benefits of the vBulletin search engine I guess. Glad I could help you both
                    Yup!
                    Unfortunately though the only solution to this problem was changing code so I guess I'll have to wait until 3.5 comes out.

I don't understand why VB wouldn't have normal "members only" permissions.

Comment