Datestamp settings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Datestamp settings.

Is there any way to make all members decide themselves which type of datestamp they want? I asked a question on our forum and almost the half of them liked the "Today/Yesterday"-format while the other liked the "1 minute ago/1 hour ago"-format.
    Last edited by TMM-TT; Sat 13th Aug '05, 8:32am.
    TMM,
    Tornevalls

Yes, I think it requires modifying the code though... I had this exact same thing on my forum so I know it exists. Try looking over at www.vbulletin.org

MGM out

Comment

By default this is not possible, this is a global vBulletin setting.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
        By default this is not possible, this is a global vBulletin setting.
        By default sounds like there's a function somewhere to make it possible change this..?

Otherwise, is this a thing that can be interesting to add into vBulletin? I think there's a few users that might like that..
        TMM,
        Tornevalls

Comment

Unfortunatly I don't have the time to test this, but perhaps as it is a global setting one could add a custom profile field with the options between the time settings, and then add a conditional in the headinclude template or global include start template that checks against the user custom profile field preference and sets it accordingly.

This is the same way how users can switch between postbit/postbit_legacy using a template mod.

Might be worth looking into for my own sites..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X