Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to get a user to have normal privaleges plus ONLY to be able to edit styles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to get a user to have normal privaleges plus ONLY to be able to edit styles

I've been able to get a user to have normal permissions plus editing styles but it also allows them to edit announcements and seems to be able to give them moderator status.

I want them to have normal user plus editing styles and I don't seem to be able to do it.

I've edited administrator permissions so it only says styles but it still gives them other privaleges, how can I take away moderator and statistics and logs viewing etc...
    here an image of what I mean...
    Attached Files

This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

well, actually this just cannot be done without giving them mod or admin powers. You could create another user group to mask those mod permissions and give him Admin with only style editing. Tell me if that works for you.

Comment

No, by defualt anyone who is an admin gets access to the modcp and admincp with those basic permissions.

Comment

It can almost work, I've got the user to have only styles and no moderation permissions but they can still see logs and I don't want that and they can still use the announcements and calendar sections, so I'll have to see about that. I might just go with that, he's unlikely to care about any of those...

Comment

Working...
          X