X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caravan
    replied
    Got it fixed...thanks!

I am using the command line backup exclusively now.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If the forumsbackup directory is world-readable and writable, this will work. Perhaps you should use the full path instead of a relative one.

Also if you have access to the command line, you should use the more reliable backup option posted above.

Leave a comment:

• Caravan
    replied
    Steve,

This is a Win2003Svr box...I checked permissions and they seem to be right.

Bad thing is I had this problem before and was able to fix it.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You need to chmod the admin cp directory to 777 for this to work, or specify the full path to a directoryy that is chmod'd to 777.

Note: The only reliable method of backing up and restoring a database is with shell access via telnet orssh. Please see the instructions here:

Backup:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...nce_ssh_backup

Restore:
    http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...ce_ssh_restore

This is because backing up with a PHP script like that in the Admin CP or phpMyAdmin can result in PHP timeouts errors and an incomplete backup file.

Leave a comment:

• Caravan
    started a topic Upgraded to 3.0.8--now backups from admincp don't work

Upgraded to 3.0.8--now backups from admincp don't work

Running mysql dump from the command line works fine, but using backup.php from admincp results in the following error:

Warning: fopen(./forumbackups/forumbackup-08-12-05-308-2.sql): failed to open stream: Permission denied in \admincp\backup.php on line 177
    I added the path "./forumbackups/" to the path in backup.php.

Thjis happened once before and I can't remember how I fixed it, but I've checked permissions and nothing is off. As I said, I can use mysqldump to write a backup file into the same directory with no problems.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X