Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most users ever online was 176 a few hours later it now says 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most users ever online was 176 a few hours later it now says 4?

Most users ever online was 176 a few hours later it now says 4?

Why would this happen?

Your site was visited by one or more of the search engine robots. This is normal.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve, I know that's normal, I wasn't questioning why I had so many, I'm asking why my number when from 176 to 4, basically meaning it was reset while I was away.

Comment

You had so many because there were a lot of them on at once.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You don't seem to understand.

Comment

You're right. Sorry.

I do not know any any reason for the count to go down. Have you installed any hacks? Are you on a Windows server by any chance?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I did install a hack last night, but why would that have caused it, it was a the hack at vb.org that allows you to add Add Who's Online Locations From Admin CP

Located here http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66569

Why would installing a hack though cause this to reset?

Comment

I can't vouch for any hacks or what they do. I suggest reuploading the original files.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  I can't vouch for any hacks or what they do. I suggest reuploading the original files.
                  Would reuploading the origional files fix this number to the origional, if I only edited 3 files, I would simply just reupload those 3 files correct?

Comment

I doubt it would fix this. My guess is that this hack reset that number. To reset the max users online values, see this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showp...48&postcount=2

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Oh I understand, but I was just saying that if I only edited 3 files and uploaded them, reuploading those 3 origional files would remove the hack and put vB back at it's origional state.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X