Listen, I know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listen, I know

there is the way to update by backing up and using the overwrite method, but say i want to get rid of all these cluttered up files like hack files.... If i delete my forum folder on my site and put the new one in but use the update method will it work? or do I have to do the over write method

And yes ive read the upgrade thing...but do i replace everything but the images folder than so i delete everything but the images folder? or can i delete the old forum folder and put in the new one and still have my forum?

Comment

Not really sure what your asking here. It sounds to me that your wanting to know how to upgrade but also not loose any hacks you've installed. Overwriting won't do it. When I had hacks installed I normally had to upload all files, do the upgrade then redownload the hacks and install them again.

There's bound to be an easier solution. I gave up though and removed all hacks and now have a nonhacked board. Upgrades take less than 3 minutes now.

Comment

no.. I want to remove all the hacks and not overwrite instead replace the entire folder

Comment

Originally posted by cyberxp8
          no.. I want to remove all the hacks and not overwrite instead replace the entire folder
          If any of your hacks use new php files that you have uploaded to your forums folder, delete them. Also go into you admin cp and remove all new hack templates created there. And also revert all default templates back to normal that you've edited. Plus remove all hack coding from any default php files (although that probably won't be nessasary due to the fact your going to be over-writing them all anyway).

Then just update your board.

I think that would work then in updating your board with no hacks installed with left over hacks. Not sure though if you've installed any hacks that required new MySQL entries. That's another story and you would have to remove the hack table entries from your database.
          Last edited by MRGTB; Mon 8th Aug '05, 8:50am.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Bolton
            If any of your hacks use new php files that you have uploaded to your forums folder, delete them. Also go into you admin cp and remove all new hack templates created there. And also revert all default templates back to normal that you've edited. Plus remove all hack coding from any default php files (although that probably won't be nessasary due to the fact your going to be over-writing them all anyway).

Then just update your board.

I think that would work then in updating your board with no hacks installed with left over hacks. Not sure though if you've installed any hacks that required new MySQL entries. That's another story and you would have to remove the hack table entries from your database.
            I have finished

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X