Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display Email Option

Hello,

When I started the board, the Display Email under the user Browsing Options was set to no. However, this was a mistake. I wanted to make that Yes as a default and when the users choose to do it, they can set it to no.

Is there an easy way to change everyone's setting now (for the existing users) in one shot?

If there is no way to do so in the Admincp, will you please tell me in which table of the database and what field name is that located at? I can change it manually in the database; it would be faster to do that than Admin CP. If you can give me an SQL statement that I can run in phpmyadmin, I would even appreciate it more!

Thank you!

I have been trying to find that field in the database, but so far I cannot locate it.

Comment

AdminCP->Maintenance->Execute SQL Query

Then in the dropdown for Automatic Queries, choose "Yes - Display E-Mail".
      vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Oops. I just got another question. How do I enable admins to have the rights to execute sql query?

Comment

To run queries you first need to give yourself permission to run queries in the Admin CP. To do this, edit this section of config.php:

// ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
          // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
          // See the above entries for more information on the format.
          // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
          // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
          $canrunqueries = 'x';

...with x being your userid number.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thank you both so much!

I got it done! That is another feature that I just learned. There are quite a few queries there.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X