Avatar option not selectable in User CP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avatar option not selectable in User CP

I'm having an issue where users are unable to display their avatars.

The symptom appears to be in the User CP. The USER CONTROL PANEL>EDIT AVATARS option "Do Not Use Avatar" cannot be unselected.

I've checked to ensure that their Thread Display Options has "Show Avatars" selected in their CP.

They can upload profile pics just fine..... so I don't think it's a server issue.

Checked admin CP, everything looks fine, but I am indeed a newbie and probably missed an option somewhere!

Thanks in advance ...

Which version of vB are you running? I believe this is a bug but I don't remember which version it was in.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

v. 3.0.7

Comment

You posted in the 3.5 forum which led me to believe you were running one of those versions. <Moved>

There is no such bug in 3.0.7. The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'll do that, thank you.

Question before I do: Being new to PHP and VBulletin, I'm not sure what will happen to the current settings (styles, buttons etc... ) Will I need to re-establish/recreate those within the AdminCP?

Comment

This won't afffect any settings or data. If you have installed any hacks (i.e., code modifications to the vB files), then they will be overwritten when you reupload the original vB files.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'll try that ... and get back to you. Thanks.

I have no hacks. Not yet anyway! ... By the way, are hacks endorsed by VBulletin? Probably not supported for sure, but are hacks an accepted piece of modification for this software? What about VBAdvanced, is it endorsed, approved, recommended?!

Thanks again!

Comment

We do not provide official support for hacks, add-ons or any code modifications, including vBAdvanced.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

If I'm going to push up new files and I don't have any hacks in place, would you recommend upgrading 3.0.8 at this time?

Comment

It wouldn't hurt to upgrade.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks again Steve!

Comment

Does the usergroup which the user is in have Avatar uplodaing permissions ?

AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Edit The usergroup permissions > Picture Uploading Prefrences

Comment

Working...
                        X