WWWWanderer Spider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWWWanderer Spider

Not sure if this should be a put here or not, so. if you need to move it, go for it.

Starting last night

All guests, spiders or not, show up in who's online as "WWWWanderer Spider" even when I log out, and go to who's online, I show up as this spider.

No new hacks have been installed for quite a while and this just started yesterday, any ideas as to why this is
    My Website
    My vBulletin Installation

anybody?

I understand its just a bot, but why would it say that guests are this bot as well?

and Why would it tell me other bots like yahoo and google are this bot as well, sometimes.
    My Website

Comment

What do you have for your Spider Identification Strings and Spider Identification Description settings? Have you installed any hacks?
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
        What do you have for your Spider Identification Strings and Spider Identification Description settings? Have you installed any hacks?
        Thank you Steve,

I have been using this
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76662
        for Spider identification

And this
        http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=75986
        for showing spiders on forumhome

They are the only hacks that have to do with spiders, that I have installed.

Thank you fort any help you can give
        My Website

Comment

Don't take this the wrong way, I am trying to help you by saving you time waiting for a response....

The very fact that you said that a hack is installed will most likely warrant you a reply stating that you must ask for support with hacks on vbulletin.org

From the look of the hack there is every chance that the hack, or your implementation of the hack, has caused your problem.
          Hungry ?

Comment

Originally posted by bahbah
            Don't take this the wrong way, I am trying to help you by saving you time waiting for a response....

The very fact that you said that a hack is installed will most likely warrant you a reply stating that you must ask for support with hacks on vbulletin.org

From the look of the hack there is every chance that the hack, or your implementation of the hack, has caused your problem.
            Even though the hacks have been installed for at least 6 months and never caused a problem in the past, and the one has to do with forumhome and not the whos online page.

The other one is just spider identifiers that I got here at this site.

As much as I appriciate your kandor and attempt to help by sending me over to vbulletin.org, this is the place for support questions that have to do with the original product.

I will remove the spider identifiers I got from here and we'll see what happens
            My Website

Comment

As much as my admins wont admit it, one of them had modified the spider identification string and added a space between a couple of them

Thank you
              My Website

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X