• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grover
    replied
    Originally posted by Grover
    Yep:

Avatars are still corrupted in VB 3.0.8.

I dumped and imported a non-corrupted production site VB 3.0.8. into a clean test-database and still I am experiencing corrupted avatars....
    Well... in fact it turns out I DO have corrupted Avatars, but ONLY 6 of them all. Strange this.

Leave a comment:

• Grover
    replied
    Yep:

Avatars are still corrupted in VB 3.0.8.

I dumped and imported a non-corrupted production site VB 3.0.8. into a clean test-database and still I am experiencing corrupted avatars....

Leave a comment:

• Induction Conce
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    You did what?
    Someone posted (thought it was you?) that I needed to tell everyone that the link may not be work-safe. So I was saying that I did say that, in the original post. But whoever's post it was, is gone now.

Leave a comment:

• Induction Conce
    replied
    Ahh, so all of those pictures that the database corrupted are just lost? Is there no way to fix this? I thought I saw on here that it was because of an invalid character set chosen during installation, but I never could get any more information on it. I would REALLY like to have those pictures, it catalogs two years of development of our product as well as customer contributions.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You did what?

Leave a comment:

• Induction Conce
    replied
    I did, in my original post.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    3.0.8 does not repair alrready corrupted images. It alters the tables so that if you make a backup of the database with MySQL 4.1.x, these will not be corrupted.

Leave a comment:

• Upgraded to 3.0.8, attached images still corrupted

I was running v3.0.6 with the patch for the 0.7 applied. I upgraded just now to 3.0.8, primarily to fix the attached images problem. I can't tell that it fixed anything, images are still corrupted. I followed the readme to the letter, the upgrade succeeded without a single error.

Suggestions?

Here is a link to one of the threads in questions. It is our 'girls and cars' area and I don't remember what the image looks like, it *might not* be work safe...but nothing hardcore by any means.:
    http://www.inductionconcepts.com/for...read.php?t=988

I really need to fix this problem as all of our forum users complain about this problem and we are heavily picture based for our products. This is where we post updates and progress on development of our products, so all of our old pictures are broken.