Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duplicates: Email notifications

Hi Guys,

Another mystery....We have a few staff (and members) who are receiving duplicate email notifications. They have forwarded the emails to me and I see nothing different between them with the exception of timestamp (usually 1 minute apart from each other)...Sometimes within seconds. This is not a universal problem.

Exception: On one pair of duplicates, I found a tiny difference and upon looking at the post in the thread that triggered the email, it had been edited. I assumed this duplicate email was sent because of the edit of the post...?

But the others are identical without any editing (I have "editted by" enabled. This phrase is missing from the posts triggering the duplicate posts for this particular staff member.)

Is this a case of corrupt cookies of the staffer that she might be logged in twice? Or what else could I check to figure out what is causing this?

Thanks for your help!
    Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Check your Forum Manager and see if their email address is listed in the appropriate box to sent emails on new posts.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I occasionally get duplicate notifications from vb.com, both notifying me of the same reply..
      vB Drupal Community Plumbing | vB Survey | vBusy | vB Spell | vBouncer

Comment

Nopers. Those forums get so many replies we don't have them enabled to send emails to moderators for new threads/posts.

These are email notifications for replies to threads...
        Hello XYZ, ABC has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Bla bla bla
        Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

Same issue here too. Sometimes one of the two emails will say no response collected.

Comment

Working...
          X