Create link to member.php

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create link to member.php

I am trying to create a link to the profile page of a member who posted a message, started a thread, added a calendar event, etc. I am close but cannot get the member ID (u=) to work right. Example:
    Code:
    <a href="$vboptions[bburl]/member.php?$session[sessionurl]u=$bbuserinfo[userid]">Link Title</a>
    Links to the user who is logged in, but not the user who posted the message.

I think I could do this if I understood what the u=$bbuserinfo[userid] variables were. I think [userid] is the database field but what does $bbuserinfo refer to? If I wanted to place it in another page how would I know what to replace $bbuserinfo with?

Thank you

The variable for the poster's userid depends on which template you are in. For example, the userid of the poster of a post in the postbit templates is:

Code:
    $post[userid]
    The variable for use in the threadbit templates is:

Code:
    $thread[postuserid]
    You will see other variables being used in other templates. Usually you can find them by looking through the rest of the template.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X