Urgent Help Needed (spam)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Needed (spam)

I have had a sudden influx of visitors (very dramatic increase in their 100's)

http://www.footie-fans.co.uk/forum/online.php?

Appears the IP are very very similar and they are looking at user profiles. I think it could be spam?

Please help!

theyre bots from website search engines and such, dont worry
    Car Chops & Discussion
    NerdoPlex / My Nerdy Den of Design

Comment

217 bots?... all come instantly?... some of which are at Location: "Emailing *user*"

I very much doubt that they are search engine bots

Comment

Originally posted by Bacon Butty
        217 bots?... all come instantly?... some of which are at Location: "Emailing *user*"

I very much doubt that they are search engine bots
        Check them out in the who's on line, to verify if they are search engines or search robots.

Check their host names, and visit to read about the robot. Some robots are up to no good, such as "syphons" and others collecting email addresses.

But a search engine will follow every link, even atempts to moderate threads and users. But they're just clicking whatever links they find. You will see the error graphic for no permission next to their entry in who's on line.
        vB Drupal Community Plumbing | vB Survey | vBusy | vB Spell | vBouncer

Comment

As we understand e-mail user function doesn't work for anonymous... so it should be just regular spiders.

Comment

Spiders will attempt to nail every link they can find, including profile and email links. Go to your Who's Online link and turn on User Agent. This will tell you exactly what spider it is.
            I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X