Urgent question! How to disable ability to use e-mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent question! How to disable ability to use e-mail

We need to disable ability to use "e-mail to user" option for some group of users.
    How it can be done?

If it's for an entire usergroup:

Usergroup Manager > (select Usergroup) > Forum Viewing Permissions > Set Can Use Email to Friend = No
    Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -
    *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
    - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevster
      If it's for an entire usergroup:

Usergroup Manager > (select Usergroup) > Forum Viewing Permissions > Set Can Use Email to Friend = No
      This permission refers to the "Email this Page" link on showthread pages. This feature allows members of this group to send an email from your forums containing a link to a thread on your forums. If you don't allow guests to view threads then this feature probably won't be useful.
      This is not that desired:-(
      We want to avoid sending e-mails to members of forum using e-mail form. Only for specifis usergroups.

Comment

You didn't say that in your original post!
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevster
          You didn't say that in your original post!
          Hm. Yes. Agreed. Sorry. A bit confusing. Though, "e-mail to user" and "e-mail link to friend" a bit different things

P.S.: Please, someone, help anyway!

Comment

There is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially supportcode modifications or forums running modified code, however can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.

One workaround would be to hide the email links from specific usergroups with template conditionals. Here is the online documentation for using template conditionals:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...e_conditionals
            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Ok. Thank you. Will use it... though we feel it's some kind of automation programm:-( So it won't require direct links:-(

O! Is there way to change all user preferences in group to switch off "receive e-mail from users" option?

And, if it's not againts rules. Just curious. Why sending messages in PM are under control of admin, but e-mailing them are out of control?

Comment

You can turn this off with an automatic query:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query -> Automatic Query -> No-Display Email
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I agree with edogs, their should be the ability to turn this off by group just like the PM feature. To allow emails across the board is a vast oversight on the part of the developers.

As it is right now anybody that registers at my site can email whomever they want, even our clients. Spamming users by email is as easy as simply registering. That's ridiculous.

Can someone please link me to a hack so I can stop this?
                  Founder/Owner - The Outpost Network

Comment

Originally posted by Palmer
                    I agree with edogs, their should be the ability to turn this off by group just like the PM feature. To allow emails across the board is a vast oversight on the part of the developers.
                    This is a feature I would like to see too. I have a usergroup that I place trouble makers in and have turned off the PM feature for this group, but can't keep them from spamming other board members by email.

I was on here doing a search hoping to find a fix for that problem, but there appears to not be one.

Comment

Is this question closed in 3.6.x or problem still exists?

Comment

Working...
                      X