Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

remove "Powered By vBulletin" from title?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• remove "Powered By vBulletin" from title?

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but am i allowed to remove it from the title?
    http://nameforums.net

From the titlebar, yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by jroy
      Im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but am i allowed to remove it from the title?
      Yes you are. From the <title> tag.

Comment

which file should you edit to change this?
        My site
        www.coolservice.dk

Comment

Edit this phrase: x_powered_by_vbulletin

From this:

{1} - powered by vBulletin

To this:

{1}

To edit Phrases:

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Phrase Manager
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

You can also substitute something else in there like your name or something like "Powered by chocolate."
            Kim

Comment

Kimmi, I don't think that's a wise idea. I know that you are allowed to remove it, but saying it's powered by something completely different is a priveledge not even available to the people whom paid to remove all branding.

Comment

I've seen many boards substitute the phrase in the title thing. Some probably due it as a joke...I remember one saying "Powered by vBulletin, coffee, human input, etc.

Some others I've seen the name of sponsers, etc up there instead of the powered by line If I were to put something up there, I would not use the "powered by" line though.

Originally posted by James Kojiro
                Kimmi, I don't think that's a wise idea. I know that you are allowed to remove it, but saying it's powered by something completely different is a priveledge not even available to the people whom paid to remove all branding.
                Kim

Comment

Thread moved to 3.0 support forum.

Comment

Originally posted by KimmiKat
                    You can also substitute something else in there like your name or something like "Powered by chocolate."
                    No, you can't.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I actually saw that on a candy related forum! No "Powered by Gerbils" yet though.

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                      No, you can't.
                      Kim

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        No, you can't.
                        Since when? I thought you could put anything you wanted in the title bar.
                        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Yes you can, but no you are not allowed to rebrand the software.

You can purchase to have branding free, but that doesn't mean you have purchased the rights to rename the software as if it was your own.

Like, powered by myforum 1.0

Comment

ok, thanks!
                            http://nameforums.net

Comment