use a second domain for avatars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• use a second domain for avatars?

I have 'extra' bandwidth and space on a second domain at another company than where my db is hosted. Can I somehow host the avatars there and save on bandwidth on my vbulletin host/server? Reason being I'm going to have to upgrade our account soon as we are using close to our maximal bandwidth and I have all this extra just sitting there!

If it is possible, how would I do this?
    Thanks,
    Anne

Check with your servers rules first before u decide to do that. I did read some host rules that they do not want u using one forum and place a url link to another for such as what u talking about. They can warn u or delete your site. So check first with your host.

Comment

Ok, thanks, but I pay them and am not afraid to move, so not sure what hold they have on me (except inconvenience).

Comment

No, I meant that using the images from one forum and image link to another could make some trouble for u if your server has rules that say that they frown on that. Taking bandwidth from another site to save another. Just go though the rules and see if it mention such. If not then it will be ok. The hold they can have on u is that they can delete your database and all files that is about it.

Comment

Sorry for the 'snooty' answer I'll look at the terms of service, but if I find what you mention to be true, I will move-whether or not sharing the bw is possible because I find this unethical.

But, does anyone know if this is possible? Can I host my avatars on another site?
          Anne

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X