Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent please help!

hello..

i have a user that belong to 2 users groups..i wanted to remove him for one of them but did deleted him by mistake ..now all his post are showing under guest..i have asked him to register again and he did..my question how can change that guest id to his new id so the posts shows as his ?

please help! thank you

Assuming these posts still have his old usernamee, you can run this query:

UPDATE post SET userid='xxx' WHERE username='oldname';

...with 'xxx' being the new userid and 'oldname' being his old username. After running this, update the thread then forum counters.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Assuming these posts still have his old usernamee, you can run this query:

UPDATE post SET userid='xxx' WHERE username='oldname';

...with 'xxx' being the new userid and 'oldname' being his old username. After running this, update the thread then forum counters.
      man oh man you are a life safer..it's worked just great like if he was never deleted..love ya!!

thank you,thank you

Comment

Glad to help.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

this is a godsend
          Robert - Music is my caffeine!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X