Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    No sorry. Unless your host changes their mind you will nnot be able to upload attachments or custom avatars at all.

If they are so concerned about security, they could enable Safe Mode.

Leave a comment:

• Warz
    replied
    Just got off the line with web hosting tech.

I do not have access to the root php.ini file. They will not change the upload to on for security reasons?

Short of me manually uploading the avatars for each user and placing them in the generic avatar folder, is there any other way of the forum users to upload their own avatars?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You will need to turn file_uploads on. Not much more I can add to this.

Leave a comment:

• Warz
    replied
    I uploaded them through the Admincp/avatars/upload avatar
    menu

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    How did you upload them? Regardless if you want attachments and avatars uploads to work, you or your host will need to make this change to php.ini.

Leave a comment:

• Warz
    replied
    just curious on this..as the administrator I can upload avatars to the generic avatars folder.

shouldn't that upload off impact this?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    That's a start. You will not be able to have any PHP uploads (attachments or avatars) with file_uploads turned off in php.ini.

You will need to have root access to this server and change the file_uploads line in php.ini to 'On'. Then you need to restart the web server for the change to take place.

Leave a comment:

• Warz
    started a topic Pertinent PhP settings

Pertinent PhP settings

when I ran the diagnostics, I received the follwoing output:

Pertinent PHP Settings
    file_uploads:Off
    open_basedir:None
    safe_mode:Off
    upload_tmp_dir:None
    upload_max_filesize:

Where can I change the file_uploads: to on...and should this resolve my users unable to upload avatars issue?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X