Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matttpf
    replied
    ok i found these templates but none of them are in red text, so they havent been altered, though i will compare them

Leave a comment:

• matttpf
    replied
    ok, where can i find these?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I would check your New Posting Templates - particularly newpost and newreply - and compare these template to the originals. Also check the editor_smiliebox* templates under Editor Templates.

Leave a comment:

• matttpf
    replied
    i did the above, the smilies work in that.

what is the likely cause?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    replied
    Update

The problem still exists but we have noticed that all the options in the lower section of the reply box "increase size, decrease size" and the "more" for the smilies are suffering from pointing back at the reply box and not the correct function that they should be associated with.

From that we can only assume that we have somehow altered some code somewhere and caused the issue. We have no hacks or mods applied however we have changed some code (as directed on here) to have the forum categories separated. These actions where successful.

We really are at a loss as to where to look to remedy the above issues and would be very appreciative of any help.

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    replied
    Please does anyone have any idea how to sort this problem?

Leave a comment:

• matttpf
    replied
    has no-one any idea what bit we need to look at here? we can remove some smilies so that our members dont get the problem, but it would be nice to fix it!

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    replied
    Thanks for the reply however I believe its not a browser problem. I use Firefox and Matt above uses IE. Both of us have also tried clearing cookies and cache. It was working fine for both of us previously but now is behaving as Matt has described.

More info...if we hover over the "more" link it shows it as leading to "newreply.php" which is where we already are?

I presume there is some code specifically written for this one link that has somehow got corrupted. If anyone knows where it is and what it should be I could check that?

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    If it loops back it's most likely controlled with JavaScript. Try the same with a different browser or on a different computer.

Leave a comment:

• matttpf
    started a topic 'more smilies' link loops back to reply page

'more smilies' link loops back to reply page

as above really, if you click the more smilies button it loops back to the reply page and doesnt open the new window, its only done this since last night, what files control this?