Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admincp redirects back to admincp login screen 3.0.7

Greetings!

I have seen other folks have this issue, but the resolution is not posted ! <:-(

So, to copy from another post.... here is my problem (in IE and FireFox):

I just installed 3.0.7 and found that I cannot log into the admincp. it accepts my login info and says successfull login but then redirects me back to the login page...

Deleting cookies makes no difference.

Help!

That sounds as if you weren't set up as an Administrator.
    Is this the account you created when installing vBulletin?
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory. Use this to reset the cookie domain and path back to the defaults. And then leave your cookie domain and path at the default settings. There is no reason to change these. If you need to specify a unique cookie, use the cookie prefix setting in config.php instead.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

No no no. That is not the problem here.

The problem is that when we upgraded from 3.0.1 to 3.0.7, something in the admincp got screwed up.

The upgrade to 3.0.7 screwed up the admincp. The upgrade to 3.0.7 was VERY messy, required Steve at jelsoft to be involved in a big way.

Running on linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Upload the tools.php script in the 'do_not_upload' folder of the vB zip file to your Admin CP directory. Use this to reset the cookie domain and path back to the defaults. And then leave your cookie domain and path at the default settings. There is no reason to change these. If you need to specify a unique cookie, use the cookie prefix setting in config.php instead.
          My cookie story has _never_ been modified.

It is clear that the 3.0.7 upgrade screwed something up. After upgrading to 3.0.7 our whole vbulletin server was down for some time while you helped me put it back together. We never tried the admincp until recently and discovered that it had never worked since the 3.0.7 upgrade.

Are the above steps appropriate in this situation?

Comment

Is your admincp directory non standard?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
              Is your admincp directory non standard?
              It is as standard as can be.

The 3.0.7 update broke the admincp.

(The 3.0.7 update broke the entire site, and we only noticed now that admincp was broken all this time)

Comment

What were you running before 3.0.7 ? and I mean are you using the directory admincp and is it defined in your config.php

Comment

You need to upload the 3.0.7 admincp files to whichever directory you've established in config.php. It also woudn't hurt to follow my suggestion posted earlier.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

What were you running before 3.0.7 ?
                    I was running 3.0.0 See this thread here on this forum server:

t=130860

t=131547

The upgrade problems were handled by Steve N. on SID-266358

Let me know what a next step would be!

Comment

I mean are you using the directory admincp and is it defined in your config.php
                      Yes, I am using the admincp dir that is configured in the config.php $admincpdir param.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        You need to upload the 3.0.7 admincp files to whichever directory you've established in config.php.
                        This was done as part of the 3.0.7 upgrade. I can see all the files there are the 3.0.7 files.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X