Why the images show like links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the images show like links

Instead of appear the images showing a links, also how to make the attachment inserted in the text box.

If you are talking about posts check the following..
    In your user control panel - view inline images should be checked
    In your admin control panel make sure BB Codes are enabled globally - IMG
    In each forum make sure IMG tag is allowed

Not sure what you mean about attachments

Comment

If you can be more specific because i download this software about one hour ago , here is the address:
      http://www.4pigeons.us/vbulletin_3-0...oad/index.php?

Visible Post Elements
      You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.Show Signatures
      Show Avatars
      Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)

Help
      User Notes Options Allow vB Code in User Notes
      Allow vB Code to be used in user notes? (Such as [b], [i] etc.)
      Yes No Allow Smilies in User Notes
      Allow smilies to be used in user notes?
      Yes No Allow [IMG] Code in User Notes
      Allow [IMG] code to be used in user notes?
      Yes No Allow HTML in User Notes
      Allow raw HTML code to be used in user notes?
      (Strongly not recommended.)
      Yes No

Help
      BB Code Settings Enabled Built-in BB Codes
      This setting allows you to enable and disable all the built-in bbcodes in vBulletin.

Disabling a bbcode will prevent it from working anywhere on the forum, including signatures, private messages, user notes etc.
      Basic ([B], [I], [U])
      [COLOR]
      [SIZE]
      [FONT]
      Alignment ([LEFT], [CENTER], [RIGHT],[INDENT])[LIST]
      Links ([URL], [THREAD], [POST])
      [CODE]
      [PHP]
      [HTML]

Help
      Message Attachment Options Limit Space Taken Up By Attachments (Total)
      Use this option to limit the total combined amount of disk space in bytes that all attachments can occupy.

Set the option to 0 to have no disk space limit.
      Attachments Per Post
      Number of files that may be attached to a single post. Set to '0' to have no limit.
      Attachment Inputs
      This option sets how many attachment input boxes are displayed on the upload form.
      1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Allow Deletion of Attachments Beyond Edit Time Limit
      Allow users to delete attachments, even if the post edit time limit has been exceeded? If you have attachment quotas enabled then you will need this option enabled to allow users to delete attachments once they reach their quota. The user will still need permission to edit posts in the forum for this to apply.
      Yes No Allow Deletion of Attachments in Closed Threads
      Allow users to delete attachments from threads that are closed? If you have attachment quotas enabled then you might need this option enabled to allow users to delete attachments once they reach their quota. The user will still need permission to edit posts in the forum for this to apply. If the above option is set to NO then this option will only apply up to the edit time limit setting.
      Yes No Allow Duplicate Attached Images
      This setting only checks for attachments posted by the user that is making the post.
      Yes No View Attached Images Inline
      When thumbnails are enabled, any image without a thumbnail will be shown as a link unless the image size happens to be within the thumbnail size limits.

Set this to 'No' if you want to preserve bandwidth or server processor resources.
      No Yes Yes, if post has only one attachment Enable Thumbnails
      If your version of PHP supports image functions, you may enable the creation of thumbnails for images. JPG and PNG are normally supported, and you may have support for GIF if you have a newer version of PHP. You will need to go to Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Attachment Thumbnails after changing this setting. The sharpen option produces a sharper image at the cost of CPU time which will only be noticeable during a complete thumbnail rebuild, and it requires GD 2+. If you see an image below then thumbnails will probably work for you.

No Yes Yes, Sharpen Thumbnail Size
      Maximum width and height that the thumbnail can have. The image will be proportionately resized so that the longest side is no larger than this setting. If you change this setting, you will need to go to Import & Maintenance -> Update Counters -> Rebuild Attachment Thumbnails.
      Thumbnails Per Row
      How many thumbnails do you wish to display per line on user's post, assuming you allow more than one attachment per post?
      Generate PNG Thumbnails
      On some installations, the creation of PNG thumbnails will fail due to incompatible libraries.

This only applies if thumbnails are enabled.
      Yes No

Comment

[img]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Vicente%20Sanchez/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Fotos%20de%20Junio2005/Picture%20013.jpg[/img]

umm, that wont work
        the file cant be on your computer
        img tags are for viewing images on the web
        use something like [IMG]http://www.domain.com/image.jpg[/IMG]

read this page -> http://www.4pigeons.us/vbulletin_3-0....php?do=bbcode
        Last edited by Zonex; Wed 29 Jun '05, 7:30am.

Comment

No , no , no , that is a image I did pasted , but look also the image file uploaded not open ,it supposed to open in a thumb ail , right?
          Last edited by aircool51; Wed 29 Jun '05, 9:55am.

Comment

Change the vBulletin Option "View Attached Images Inline" to just yes in vBulletin Options -> Message Attachment Options

Satan

Comment

was set to yes , but there is more , this morning when I have the demo control panel on your website it happen the same , so probably is a bug in the knew version.

Comment

Aha - I've found the problem

Goto "Extensions & Sizes" under the Attachment Manager in your Admin CP - The "Thumb" setting is set to No

I totally forgot about this new way of controlling thumbnails

Satan

Comment

ide rename ur site url as i think the part of it is ur customer id

Comment

I don see it

As you can see on version 307 I have not that option.
                    You can open the file attach and see the board , by the way , the file attach nether open in this forum a thumbnail , did maximize the sizes of the images but steel not work.
                    I
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by aircool51
                      As you can see on version 307 I have not that option.
                      You can open the file attach and see the board , by the way , the file attach nether open in this forum a thumbnail , did maximize the sizes of the images but steel not work.
                      I
                      This is the vBulletin 3.5.0 Beta troubleshoot forum - I assumed you were running vBulletin 3.5.0 Beta 1, 2 or 3...

Try re-building your attachment thumbnails - Thats the only other thing I can suggest

Satan

Comment

I have done million time

My version I yet download this morning , is the last one 3.0.7. , and I set the re-building your attachment thumbnails many times after change the G2 , size and look to work because do not gave me any error , but never show any thumbnail o images inside the text area.

Comment

I did fix the problem was the php.ini file on the host , by vBulletin support advise I request to the host to upgrade php.ini file and everything is working good now, yet let you know.

Comment