Forum Link... how to make it open a new window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Link... how to make it open a new window

Reference: http://www.mk5gti.com (I had to redo it, don't ask)

Anyways, The Gallery links to an outside page. Is it possible for me to make this open a new window? Otherwise it's a pain for those who are not able to tab browse. Thanks!

Go to:

Admin CP --> Styles & Templates --> Style Manager --> « » --> Forum Home Templates --> forumhome_forumbit_level2_post

Find:

HTML Code:
    <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$forum[forumid]">
    Replace it with:

Code:
    <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$forum[forumid]"<if condition="$forum['forumid'] == [color=red][b]X[/b][/color]"> target="_blank">
    ... replacing X with the forum ID of the gallery forum.
    Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

Actually, you would need to use
      Code:
      <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$forum[forumid]"<if condition="$forum['forumid'] == [color=red]X[/color]"> target="_blank"</if>>
      http://www.zelaron.com/sigs/rotsig.gif

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

How would one modify the code above if you wanted multiple forum links to open in a new window? For example, I have two outside links setup. Just use a comma?

Comment

When I attempt to use the code provided by WetWired above, I get an error:
            Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/tannerwo/public_html/forums/includes/adminfunctions_template.php(3096) : eval()'d code on line 13
            On the other hand, the original code by daemon doesn't seem to open a new window. Do I need to do something else here? Or am I just crazy

Comment

Still looking for some assistance on this code. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerman
                Still looking for some assistance on this code. Thanks!
                There's nothing wrong with his code. Did you replace the red X with the forum ID you want this done for?
                Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

Originally posted by daemon
                  There's nothing wrong with his code. Did you replace the red X with the forum ID you want this done for?
                  Yes, I did. I'd like this to happen with forum ID #130

I replaced the source code of:
                  Code:
                  <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$forum[forumid]">
                  with:
                  Code:
                  <a href="forumdisplay.php?$session[sessionurl]f=$forum[forumid]"<if condition="$forum['forumid'] == 130"> target="_blank"</if>>
                  Didn't get an error tonight, but this also doesn't seem seem to open in new window either, so I don't know what gives. I assume the template doesn't need to be republished or something odd like that. Also, how would this be done for multiple forums (ie. 130, 131)?

Comment

Ditto. I need to know how this would work for 3 forums! Copying and pasting only allows it to work for one. Anyone? Thanks!
                    Last edited by Firepower_426; Wed 3 Aug '05, 11:01pm.

Comment

Yeah, I've fooled around with that code quite a bit and I still can't manipulate it the way I need it too. If I put it in 3 times it only allows the first mentioned forum to open in a new window, every following code is worthless. Thanks guys!

Comment

Bump! Anyone? I've got the navbar all set, but that was simply done with target="_blank". Any ideas for these? Thanks!

Comment

Bump!

Comment

No one, sigh.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X