Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying forum permissions...

For reference... www.mk5gti.com/forums/

At the moment you should be able to view the Multimedia category and it's 4 sub forums.

I'd like to make it so that forum is only available to registered users and above. But so that the guest, non-registered, and awaiting confirmation people can see that the sub-forums are there and that they are posts. For some reason, it's either you can see and get into all of them, or can't see anything and their locked.

Thanks!

Set the desired permissions for this forum and each Userghroup here:

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Forum Permissions

Also set this as desired:

Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> Forum Listings Display Options -> Hide Private Forums
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Wow, now i'm confused. Using any of the options in Forums and Moderators section did not do what I needed. And somehow I made the moderators forum private, and I don't know how I did it. Can someone please help!?

I guess the question is, how did I make the moderators forum Private in the first place?!

Cramming all this stuff into 3 days dosn't leave me with much of a memory.
      Last edited by Firepower_426; Mon 27 Jun '05, 8:53pm.

Comment

You know, I searched through some of the older posts on this forum and I think I found the problem. You can't make it so that a user can view a post, and then doesn't have the same powers from within the forum itself. Thus, it has to be private... it cannot display the last post, etc. No biggie.

Comment

Well, I'm dealing with this issue again, as I reset the board and decided on a different layout and such.

Anyways, the subforums in question (at www.mk5gti.com/forums)

are articles, digital artwork, and videos.

I'd like to make it so that unregistered, awaiting confirm, and coppa can see the head of the forums, and how many posts etc. and the title of the last post, but can actually go in and read anything or post etc. Just like a topographically preview.

P.S. - I've been trying different combos of forum permissions etc. and get either they see the forums and it says none and can't access them, or their completely open.

Thanks!

Comment

Try this:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110119

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve, are you sure that's it!? I can't remember how I got it to work last time, but it was fairly easy -- just something I didn't realize I was skipping over.

P.S. - I wish I could just send you my login and pw, that way you could see for yourself... and probably fix it in like 60 seconds, haha.

Comment

Based on your description that is the closest I can find. Try looking at other posts in the Quick Tips forum. There is no built-in setting to do what you want.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Will do! Thanks Steve!

P.S. - Is it possible that I can make them say private instead of showing up like they have 0 posts, and 0 threads. Even if they say private it would be better. Thanks!

Comment

This can be done with template conditionals. Here is the online documentation for using template conditionals:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...e_conditionals

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Does everyone agree conditionals are the best way to do this? Thanks!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X