Add an "equal" Admin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add an "equal" Admin?

I don't know what I'm missing here. I want to make one other user name (also mine) a full fledged Administrator (exactly like my originally created Admin for vBulletin).

I went to the user name, changed the primary to Adminstrators group. From what I can tell, all the settings are the same as when I view the original Admin settings...

So why is it when I log in as the new name, I only have Control panel access to "Announcments", "Moderation", and "Statistics & Logs"?

Sorry... still a noob here. What else do I have to do?

Find the Administrator Permissions, and add the permissions this additional admin should have!

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
      Find the Administrator Permissions, and add the permissions this additional admin should have!
      Well, I get the "Sorry, you are not allowed to edit administrator permissions." error EVEN when I'm logged in with my originally created Admin...

I understand that I can add both the names to the config.php... And that is what I'll do now to solve this...

I guess I didin't realize that the "administrator" group only deals with those three categories...

I mean how does my original name have access to EVERYTHING except being able to make an equal Admin? I guess I'm just not understanding the thinking of the default settings.

But now I know I can solve it by making both the names super admin.

Maybe you could just answer this then: What type of "Admin" is the originally created name (vs. an added "admin")?

Comment

Like the page says, enter the userid of the admin that should have permission to modify the admin permissions for newly added admins.

Comment

Right... I understand that (and I've got things working the way I want now).

I was just wondering why it seems like the originally created admin gets every possible permission *except* modifying admin permissions... Is it some sort of attempt at added security when you initially install?

Comment

For security reasons some specific permissions are restricted through config.php - like $canrunqueries or $undeletable users.

Comment

Excellent... makes sense... Thanks again!

Comment

This way someone who guesses your password for example couldn't delete you, or run queries to hack the web site or set himself up as another full admin and hack through the new account.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X