Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hOW TO OPTIMZED DATABASE MORE EFFICENT

Hi,

I got the board convert from IPB to Vb... it works great but there is a little problem happens when the site gets a bit buzy then I got tons email report back from forum that someting error
    Database error in vBulletin :Link-ID == false, connect failedmysql error: mysql error number: 0
    somethig may take so much or database process and make the database server fail for a short time ( I think)
    question is how do I maintain and optimized the database better so I don't get any emais from forum about this error crap. each time I checkmy mail box and at least 200-300 emails .
    please help.
    Same as last time but different

There are two possible sources for this error:

1) If the error is happening all the time and you cannot access your forums, it is possible your vBulletin configuration is wrong. This could include:
    a) The db info in your config.php file is wrong.
    b) The db user in config.php doesn't have permission to access the database listed in config.php.
    c) The database doesn't exist.

2) If your forums do work sometimes and the error is intermittent, then the issue is server-related. Some possibilities are:
    a) MySQL isn't accepting new connections. (The server could either be down.
    b) The server reached the MySQL max_connections (server-wide) or max_user_connections (account-based) limit specified in my.in (or my.cnf for Windows.) Note, many servers are being probed for the phpBB worm and other exploits these days and the MySQL server is being overloaded. This could account for these errors.
    c) The server itself could have a high load due to any number of factors not relating to MySQL. This could include massive influx of spam emails (which happened on my forums.) One thing to watch for is the server load at the time of the 'false, connect failed' error.

The server related issues can only be resolved on the server level so you should contact your hostif they continue. However there is one vB setting that may help alleviate the issues in 2b but this may not be enough to stop the error completely. That setting is for 'persistent connections' in your config.php file. Edit config.php to turn this off to see if that helps.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

more likely is the server issue, cuz the board is run fine, usually at nite the load went up high then I got error email.
      here is my server configuration including Mysql database and apache. Please give some advice so I can optimize the server better.

here is the config I have :

[mysqld]
      port=3306
      socket=/tmp/mysql.sock
      set-variable = max_connections=500
      safe-show-database
      skip-locking
      max_connections=300
      connect_timeout=15
      key_buffer=32M
      join_buffer=1M
      record_buffer=1M
      sort_buffer=2M
      table_cache=1028
      thread_cache_size=286
      max_allowed_packet=16M
      wait_timeout=15
      query_cache_limit=1M
      query_cache_size=32M
      query_cache_type=1
      thread_concurrency=2

apache.conf

Timeout 300
      KeepAlive Off
      MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
      KeepAliveTimeout 15
      MinSpareServers 5
      MaxSpareServers 10
      StartServers 5
      MaxClients 150
      MaxRequestsPerChild 50
      Same as last time but different

Comment

Please see this thread for help with optimizing your server:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=70117

Then post the requested info in a new thread in that forum.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
          Note, many servers are being probed for the phpBB worm and other exploits these days and the MySQL server is being overloaded.
          that happened to me. somebody hacked my phpbb and dumped the database. that pretty much sealed the deal to swithc to vbb

Comment

Working...
          X