Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Importing a database

Here's my story...

I've been using a local copy of a client's forums for testing purposes, but not using the client's database - just a simple local install with the same layout and template customizations of the live site. But now I need the database, so I asked for it, and they sent it to me. I expected a zip with all the individual files that make up the database, but instead they sent it all in a single .sql file.

I have no idea what to do with it. lol. If anyone can help me I'd certainly appreciate it. Thanks.
    ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

The SQL file is better than the table files, most lightly a mysqldump, so restore it this way to another database :

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...tabase_restore
    I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Okee doke, then that's what I'll do. Thanks, Jerry.

Comment

The plot so far...

I downloaded phpMyAdmin, but it doesnt work with MySQL 4.1 unless I do some hocus-pocus that I won't bother with for now. So, I'm using MySQL Administrator, and that seems to be working fine. My question is: does it take a long, long time to import (restore) a database? I've been waiting a good hour so far, and it's only about half done. Is this normal?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X