Showing News PM when read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Showing News PM when read

Is there something in the Admin section that can be ran to check the database for errors? Some members reports that in the upper right hand corner, it shows 3 unread PMs but yet all have been read. (I think this is sitewide).

And thanks Steve for sticking thru the last issue - it is really appreciated!
    Corey
    My Merchant Account Blog | Expression Web Blog

IIRC you are running a Windows server. This is a problem on some Windows systems. To fix this edit init.php -

find this:
    define('NOSHUTDOWNFUNC', false);

change to:
    define('NOSHUTDOWNFUNC', true);

If this fixes the problem, could you please provide this info so our Devs can troubleshoot this issue further:

1 - Webserver (IIS, Apache, etc) and Version

2 - CGI, ISAPI, etc

3 - PHP Version

4 - Is vBulletin's GZIP enabled in the Options?

5 - If vBulletin's GZIP is enabled, is the problem also rectified if you leave NOSHUTDOWNFUNC at false and then set vBulletin's GZIP to NO?

6 - Does the tools.php register_shutdown_function() test show PASS or FAIL? It is possible for the test to pass while a problem still exists with the shutdown function.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Thanks - I'll ask one of the VB owners to take a look and then I'll post the other info.
      Corey

Comment

1. Windows 2003 / IIS 6.0
        2. PHP Version 4.3.11
        3. CGI/1.1 (CGI/FastCGI)
        I am not certain about the other information or where to really find it via the admin section of the vBulletin. I'll ask or if you know where - you can tell me. I am just admin in name only on the board
        Thanks!
        Corey

Comment

Did the suggestion I gave fix this problem?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X