Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You may be able to do this with 3.5.0 (this depends on whether Yahoo will allow outgoing SMTP connections from your server), but it is not a feature in vB 3.0.x.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeNewbie
    replied
    ok if not yahoo, would i be able to set it up with and smtp account i have configured into outlook express???

TIA

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    You will most likely need a email server of some kind to connect to.
    Yahoo will most likely not work..

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeNewbie
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    Steve is correct on both counts, but if you do not have a mail server on the server, and you have not configured php's mail settings. then email is not going anywhere
    i understand that i have to configure the php mail setting, i wasnt sure if i need a mail server or if i could just drop, say a yahoo mail address in there??

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Steve is correct on both counts, but if you do not have a mail server on the server, and you have not configured php's mail settings. then email is not going anywhere

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You should post in the Server Configuration forum with all the server specs. There is no one simple answer to this.

Leave a comment:

• GeorgeNewbie
    started a topic Email help!!

Email help!!

I just set up vbulletin on my own server, running windows 2000. The mail does not work in vb, so my question is do i have to set up a mail server for the mail to work?? New to all of this so any help would be much appreciated......Thanks!!!

George
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X