Email help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email help!!

I just set up vbulletin on my own server, running windows 2000. The mail does not work in vb, so my question is do i have to set up a mail server for the mail to work?? New to all of this so any help would be much appreciated......Thanks!!!

George

You should post in the Server Configuration forum with all the server specs. There is no one simple answer to this.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve is correct on both counts, but if you do not have a mail server on the server, and you have not configured php's mail settings. then email is not going anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
        Steve is correct on both counts, but if you do not have a mail server on the server, and you have not configured php's mail settings. then email is not going anywhere
        i understand that i have to configure the php mail setting, i wasnt sure if i need a mail server or if i could just drop, say a yahoo mail address in there??

Comment

You will most likely need a email server of some kind to connect to.
          Yahoo will most likely not work..

Comment

ok if not yahoo, would i be able to set it up with and smtp account i have configured into outlook express???

TIA

Comment

You may be able to do this with 3.5.0 (this depends on whether Yahoo will allow outgoing SMTP connections from your server), but it is not a feature in vB 3.0.x.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X