Vbulletin bug or security issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vbulletin bug or security issue?

Today at 6PM for no reason, users and styles were disapearing... by 6.30 by forum was gone, files were there all the links were bust etc.. i went on irc and every 1 said it was a bug :S
    You know you can't live without vBulletin!

... can you give us abit more to go on? were the files gone? and removed?

Comment

If every1 knows about what it is, why can't they provide you with links to detailed information? Or are they just 'assuming'?

Which version are you running? Do you allow your members to use HTML in signatures, usernotes and/or posts?

Comment

url is habbos.us the images came back the users are gone, posts are there, members are gone.. im reverting templates rite now Version 3.0.7, all files are there, i think mysql was cleared (not by us)

Comment

stop, before you continue doing anything, we should really figure out what happened...

Files are intact? User Accounts ? Posts? Threads?

Comment

User accounts are gone, posts and threads are there.

Comment

It really sounds like someone had access to your database, or your admin account.

Can you please create a ticket in the members area and provide us with cpanel / ftp and an admin login so we can investigate and pin point your problems.

Comment

Contact your hosting account and request the apache access log and error log files and review those for unauthorized actions.

And specificly ask them for the daily backup - if they don't have one from today, ask the one from yesterday. Point to their TOS/AUP where they probably claim to make daily backups. (check up on that)

Also, please answer my questions.

Close your forum and don't open it until you run the latest vBulletin forum software and restored your forum. And then changed your staff passwords and checked for additional staff members you didn't add. And then .htaccess password protect your admincp/ and modcp/ directories.

Comment

Made a ticket with info on..

i am my own host with root access....

Comment

Could I please get the ticket ID so I can read along while Zachery helps you?

Comment

I've PM'd you, I think with this staff support, vBulletin cannot be beaten... its world class in my eyes..
                      oh and for ivision... i would never touch them with a 100ft pole after using vBulletin.

Comment

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding our support. We believe our customers are important and we should listen to them and help them where possible. I've received your Private Message and keeping an eye on the support ticket. Zachery's checking up on some log files I believe.

Good luck!

Comment

i've downlaoded a apache log thingy for my user in root... its about 7mb what shall i do with it?

Comment

I've responded in the ticket to the sittuation

Comment

If you go to the site.. why does the site banner or header lead to http://habbos.us/http;//habbox.com/index.php.php?

Comment

Working...
                              X