Thread with missing last page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread with missing last page

Over the past few weeks we've been getting a problem where occasional threads will have a next page, but when clicked upon, returns to the current page rather than going to the next page of the thread. Seems to be random.

Here is an example:

We have no patches or custom scripts running on the board.
    Last edited by Lee A Burnett; Wed 6th Jul '05, 10:30pm.

Which version of vB are you running?

The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm having the same problem. I'm using the default style and I repaired/optimized my tables.

Comment

Jolec73, please start your own thread with all the relevant details. Thank you.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

BTW, I have uploaded all the latest files, replacing any previous ones.

We have been running the most current version 3.0.7. The problem seems to have been present before 3.0.7.

I have noticed the threads that do this are random, and often start working again after a day or more. The thread noted above is now working normally, but I have had a few others (since updating the files) which are doing it.

Our MySQL database is pretty large -- have any other large boards had similar issues?

Comment

Honestly, when a problem is random and cannot be reliably duplicated, it is generally the server, routing or ISP.

However I strongly recommend that you upgrade to PHP 4.3.11 and MySQL 4.1.12. The PHP version you are running has a serious security hole and the MySQL has a number of known bugs that affect vB.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Thanks, will do!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                Honestly, when a problem is random and cannot be reliably duplicated, it is generally the server, routing or ISP.

However I strongly recommend that you upgrade to PHP 4.3.11 and MySQL 4.1.12. The PHP version you are running has a serious security hole and the MySQL has a number of known bugs that affect vB.
                How does one know what version of PHP they are running?
                Thanks,

Comment

You probably edited your post, but here's one way:

Admin CP -> Import & Maintenance -> View PHP Info

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by joelc73
                    How does one know what version of PHP they are running?
                    Thanks,
                    He knew because I posted the PHP version in the first post of this thread. I subsequently removed this information after Steve replied.

Comment

Working...
                    X