Little trouble in firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little trouble in firefox

Sorry, I did a few searches on this before but never came up with a solid answer..I have 3 questions to ask. I would be SOO happy if you will answer them for me.

1) In firefox, for some reason it is not with banners and things recognizing <div align "center"></div> it works PERFECT in IE, but when it comes to firefox it just wont take, what is another tag I can use in place of this to center something that IE will take?

2) Firefox has a problem with copying and pasting in the Reply box..I know there is someway to fix this, and I know plenty of other people have had the problem, any solution?

3)last question, the quick reply box in firefox doesnt some times load, it will load but it wont let me click on it to write anything in it . I have had this problem on a few other sites but never on vb.com or .org or some other sites so I know there is a solution, please help

thanks ahead of time
    ~big curt~

to see what I mean about not aligning right please go www.keyhunt.com and look at the google banner.
    KeyHunt - Vbulletin-Fans - vB Styles - vBdirectory vBCore
    Valuable Links

Bump, please help me out
    Valuable Links

Comment

1. Actually, IE renders this incorrectly, IIRC the align tag is not valid for a div...

<div style="text-align:center;"><div></div></div> should work fine.. I think

2. Its a security thing with firefox, its nothing that we are inconrol of.

3. Then it must be a problem with those sites if you are not having the problem here.

Comment

The align attribute is valid for <div>.

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_div.asp

We still use 'align' because the css attribute 'text-align' doesn't actually do exactly the same thing in many browsers, and there is nothing else that works.

Comment

Then Firefox is a lame browser, but I already knew that

Comment

I actually dont use firefox, but precisely 47% of my users do :-D. So I need to get this fixed somehow, but my main problem is how my banners are, they wont center align..so if I put the tag you stated above in place of <div align="center"></div> it should work correct? I was just wodering cause I saw text-align..does it matter if it is graphic or not?
            Valuable Links

Comment

Working...
            X