Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vbulletin not valid xhtml ? surely not !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zachery
    replied
    Yes and no, load firefox and internet explorer, do you see problems with either of them.

Leave a comment:

• free thinker
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    XHTML errors will never hurt page ranking...

Look at yahoo...
    Do XHTML errors interfere with pages being viewed properly in some or all browsers? I'm very curious about this, as I just switched to XHTML, and I am perceiving it to be a "stricter" system... Thanks for your feekback.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    XHTML errors will never hurt page ranking...

Look at yahoo...

Leave a comment:

• free thinker
    replied
    That is specificly due to a username who has weird characters, and is a limiation of the validator.

Aside from that single error, the system is fine.

The stock templates are 100% XHTML 1.0 trans valid.
    So usernames with weird characters could potentially end up hurting a forums page rankings in search engine results? (if it causes it to appear as invalid xhtml?)

What do you make of my error showed above? I can't figure it out...

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    That is specificly due to a username who has weird characters, and is a limiation of the validator.

Aside from that single error, the system is fine.

The stock templates are 100% XHTML 1.0 trans valid.

Leave a comment:

• free thinker
    replied
    Are you using a custom style, does vB.com validate?
    It is not the default style. I have made template modifications and css changes. The URL I tried to validate was http://www.myforums.com/index.php?

Then I tried this URL: http://www.vbulletin.com/index.php? and got this error:

Code:

Below are the results of attempting to parse this document with an SGML parser. 
    1. Line 1659, column 546: non SGML character number 154 ..., <a href="member.php?u=81996">¤Ðë¼/strong>?îùš¤</a> (17)</div></td>
    Am I not supposed to enter the question mark, does this not work for dynamic pages?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Are you using a custom style, does vB.com validate?

Leave a comment:

• free thinker
    started a topic vbulletin not valid xhtml ? surely not !

vbulletin not valid xhtml ? surely not !

Just for the sake of trying, I checked my forums/index.php page in the xhtml validator at W3C and I got this error:

Code:
    Below are the results of attempting to parse this document with an SGML parser. 
    1. Line 523, column 12: end tag for "optgroup" which is not finished </optgroup> Most likely, You nested tags and closed them in the wrong order. For example <p><em>...</p> is not acceptable, as <em> must be closed before <p>. Acceptable nesting is: <p><em>...</em></p> Another possibility is that you used an element (e.g. 'ul') which requires a child element (e.g. 'li') that you did not include. Hence the parent element is "not finished", not complete.
    I just wonder if anybody has encountered this? Or if I am missing something here?
Working...
X