Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we have "Search" in the template editor with Firefox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we have "Search" in the template editor with Firefox?

I was just playing around with 3.5 and noticed that in that version, the Search in Template field appears in Firefox, while in 3.07 it doesn't (it works with IE only).

Would it be too much to ask for what we need to do in 3.07 to have that functionality? It is certainly very useful.

I understand that your resources are targeted at 3.5 at this moment, but since I do not plan to upgrade as soon as you will release the final version of the new release, I can see my forum staying at 3.07 for some time, and that is something I would love to have.

Thanks and rgds
    John Caradimas

Search in templates is working in Firefox 1.04 with vBulletin 3.5. To be honest I don't know if that is due to something we did, or something Firefox did.

How about downloading 3.5 and looking at the differences in the javascript code?

Comment

I believe that simply replacing the 3.0.7 clientscript/vbulletin_templatemgr.js with the equivalent file from the 3.5 code would actually get this working.

(I just checked and it was something we did that fixed it, not something FF did)

Comment

Could that little something you did be used in 3.07? I know you do not encourage patching and code changes, but my site is heavily patched as it is, an extra (very helpful) feature, can only .... do me good!

If you can't disclose anything, can you at least let me know where to look for differences, so I do not spend a day searching?

Thanks
        John Caradimas

Comment

Originally posted by sv1cec
          can you at least let me know where to look for differences, so I do not spend a day searching?
          Kier already did:
          I believe that simply replacing the 3.0.7 clientscript/vbulletin_templatemgr.js with the equivalent file from the 3.5 code would actually get this working.

Comment

I replaced the javascript as suggested, but I do not get the search box in the template editing. I can still see only the Preview, Copy and View QuickRef buttons, but no Search.

Can it be something else too, in addition to the js?

Tnx
            John Caradimas

Comment

OK, I found the problem, you have to change includes/adminfunctions_template.php too, to allow the Search function to appear.

On the other hand, it seems that the search function works OK with the original 3.0.7 javascript as well. So there is no need to use the 3.5 one.

Thanks, in any case
              John Caradimas

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X