The forum is acting up in Firefox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The forum is acting up in Firefox

Hey I'm running 3.07, and I'm having complaints from users who are using browsers other than Internet Explorer, specifically Mozilla and Firefox browsers.

First, let me say I use Internet Explorer, so as I customized the site I never had ANY issues. But when I load the site on Firefox I have issues.

On Firefox, it does not show all the statistics that are displayed on the main index. It just shows the currently active users and thats it, nothing else. How do I make this work also in Firefox?

And not all the drop down menus work in Firefox. Some people say some menus work like the Search, but not the Thread tools. And the rollovers all work fine for everyone, so I dont know what to do.

And last problem is when being viewed on a PDA (Palm or Windows). When I was running phpbb, I had no problem viewing the forum on any handheld browser, but vBulletin doesnt seem to want to allow being viewed. Shows up as blank. Any fix on this?
    PNW Moto

What's the URL to your forums? I've never been able to see withese problems with FF 1.0.4 without any extensions installed.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

http://www.washingtonriders.com/forum/

And here is the thread where people are explaining their issues that kinda touch on what I was saying:

http://www.washingtonriders.com/foru...ead.php?t=1339
      PNW Moto

Comment

First try this. Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Nope, that did not fix the problem either. There is still stuff not showing up on the index page.

I created a new style and made sure it had no parent style, and I noticed how every template was default. And so I logged in with a test user and still had the same problem.

I'm open to more ideas and comments???
          PNW Moto

Comment

Can you enable the original style so we can take a look?

If it's not the templates, then the only other likely cause is from installed hacks. As you know we cannot provide for hacked forums. Your options are:

1. Remove the hacks (including any database changes) and restore the original vB files.
            2. Ask for help at the hacking site: www.vbulletin.org
            3. Set up a fresh test forum with all the original vB files and templates. Then if you can reproduce this problem on that forum, let me know. If not, then this will show that the problem is related to one or more changes you made.

If you have not installed any hacks, then reupload the original vB files. These problems should not occur with the original files and templates.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Steve, mine does the same thing in FF versus IE...BUT if I go over to a friend's forum who is also running vBulletin, and use FF, it doesn't do that. So it HAS to be something *I* am doing wrong. Or something that has gone wrong. I won't re-do it right this min but in the next upgrade, I may do as you say cause no one has complained on my forum. LOL. Liz
              Secret City Designs

Comment

I've seen on another vbulletin forum (cycleforums.com) where they have eliminated all the drop down menus altogether. For instance, instead of clicking on a user name and a menu dropping down with buddy list options, they are now at the bottom of each post in the threadbit legacy template.

I would rather eliminate all drop down menus, is there any such mods to move the thread tools and username tools to another spot?

Search is easy, just make a button and a link and it works, just dont know how to handle the rest.

I tried doing a search on here and on vbulletin.org but nothing came up. But after seeing how cycleforums.com did their template I know it can be done.

Please advise.
                PNW Moto

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X