vBulleting throwing database errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulleting throwing database errors

vBulletin is thowing a database error and the frequency is increasing. I now have members reporting that they are unable to get to the forum at all!

As requested, here is the information requested from this thread http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=70117

1. Shared Server (Unknown)

Processor #1 Vendor: GenuineIntel
    Processor #1 Name: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
    Processor #1 speed: 2392.074 MHz
    Processor #1 cache size: 512 KB

Processor #2 Vendor: GenuineIntel
    Processor #2 Name: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
    Processor #2 speed: 2392.074 MHz
    Processor #2 cache size: 512 KB

Processor #3 Vendor: GenuineIntel
    Processor #3 Name: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
    Processor #3 speed: 2392.074 MHz
    Processor #3 cache size: 512 KB

Processor #4 Vendor: GenuineIntel
    Processor #4 Name: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
    Processor #4 speed: 2392.074 MHz
    Processor #4 cache size: 512 KB

Memory: 4075836k/4128640k available (2098k kernel code, 52420k reserved, 375k data, 148k init, 3211136k highmem)

hdc: GCR-8483B, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
    hdc: attached ide-cdrom driver.

total used free shared buffers cached
    Mem: 4076088 4013140 62948 0 47456 2113844
    -/+ buffers/cache: 1851840 2224248
    Swap: 2618552 0 2618552
    Total: 6694640 4013140 2681500
    hdc: ATAPI 48X CD-ROM drive, 128kB Cache

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda1 2.0G 316M 1.6G 17% /
    /dev/sda7 161G 44G 110G 29% /home
    none 2.0G 0 2.0G 0% /dev/shm
    /dev/sda6 2.0G 42M 1.9G 3% /tmp
    /dev/sda3 9.9G 3.6G 5.8G 39% /usr

Operating system Linux

Kernel version 2.4.30-gator_r1

Apache version 1.3.33 (Unix)

PHP version 4.3.10

MySQL version 4.0.23-standard

3. All tables are MyISAM with the exception of two HEAP tables, and they are: cpsession and session

4. Unknown

5. I can send this information via PM or email. This is a private forum and I'm not comfortable giving this informtion on an open board.

6. I have no access to this information

7. http://www.darthcave.com/mysqlextend.php

8. I have a number of websites on this server, they all use MySQL as a back end and none of them are experiencing database errors except for the vBulletin site.

9. Max users was 26. Concurrent ranges from 2 to 14 at any given moment.

10. http://www.darthcave.com/phpinfo.php

11. N/A

12. The newest version. 3.0.7

13. I have none that exceed 2 or 4 gigabit in size.

I really need to have this problem fixed...

We need to see the errors. Either post the contents of the email you received, or right-click on the error page and go to View/Source. Then copy-n-paste the error message here.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

<html><head><title> Database Error</title><style type="text/css"><!--.error { font: 11px tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif; }--></style></head>
      <body></table></td></tr></table></form>
      <blockquote><p class="error">&nbsp;</p><p class="error"><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the database.</b><br />
      Please try again by pressing the <a href="javascript:window.location=window.location;">refresh</a> button in your browser.</p><p class="error">An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href="mailto:">Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p class="error">We apologise for any inconvenience.</p></blockquote>

<!--
      Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
      mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

Date: Thursday 16th of June 2005 07:03:53 PM
      Script: http://www.darthcave.com/dciiifrm.php
      Referer: http://www.darthcave.com/dciiifrm.php
      IP Address: 72.28.52.228
      -->

</body></html>

Comment

I had to disable the email sending function after I received over 500 database error messages in on day.

But here is one email from My trash:

Database error in vBulletin :

Link-ID == false, connect failed
        mysql error:

mysql error number: 0

Date: Thursday 26th of May 2005 10:58:21 PM
        Script: http://www.darthcave.com/dciiifrm.ph...tuff/back2.gif
        Referer: http://www.darthcave.com/dciiifrm.ph...p?&rand=359551
        IP Address: 66.82.9.34

Comment

Are you getting this error all the time, i.e. your forums aren't working? Or is it just sometimes?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Just about all the time now. I can (as administrator) get in one in about 50 refresh attempts. Or if I hit it just right.

However, many of My members are unable to access the forum at all, with a few lilke Me who can get in occationally.

Comment

BTW...The cookie timeout option is set to 900

Comment

Well if the forums are working some times, then the problem can't be in your vB config.php file. This means it's a server issue.

You'll need to wait for our resident server guru - eva2000 - to be available to help you optimize this server. However I notice it's a shared server so you probably will not have the necessary access to make the recommended changes. It will be up to your host to make these changes.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                  Well if the forums are working some times, then the problem can't be in your vB config.php file. This means it's a server issue.

You'll need to wait for our resident server guru - eva2000 - to be available to help you optimize this server. However I notice it's a shared server so you probably will not have the necessary access to make the recommended changes. It will be up to your host to make these changes.
                  I find it interesting that none of My other sites have this issue.

However, I'll wait for eva and see if what she recommend can be implemented. What happens when if they can be implemented and the problem is not resolved?

Comment

This is a server issue. It can only be resolved on the server level. If your host is unwilling or unable to do this, then it would probably be appropriate to consider finding a better host.

And eva2000 is a 'he'.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

This is a server issue. It can only be resolved on the server level. If your host is unwilling or unable to do this, then it would probably be appropriate to consider finding a better host.

And eva2000 is a 'he'.
                      Not a real reasonable solution is it?

My apologies to eva. When he gives Me the info and the hosting agrees to the changes, and it still does not fix the problem, what will be the next step.

You see, I don't believe its a server problem Myself. But I'll jump through these hoops just to eliminate the possibility.

Comment

Well if you don't believe it's a server problem and you do not have any hacks installed, then it would be difficult to account for the thousands of sites that are running vB without this problem.

Nonetheless you can choose to believe me or not, but IMO this is a server issue. If I thought it could be resolved from the vB end, then I would said so.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Well if you don't believe it's a server problem and you do not have any hacks installed, then it would be difficult to account for the thousands of sites that are running vB without this problem.

Nonetheless you can choose to believe me or not, but IMO this is a server issue. If I thought it could be resolved from the vB end, then I would said so.
                          Look, I'm not trying to start anything here, but this is less than acceptable. You say thousands, yet your starting to get more and more threads showing that this error is poping up.

I was under the impression that when I purchased vbulletin I'd get one year of tech support. Granted, I guess it doesn't say friendly support.

As it stands right now. My forum is not available because it is down more often than not. It is unreasonable to think that people should have to 'change' hosting every time a problem arises that can't be immediately traced to some code.

Moving hosting is a 'LAST' resort, wouldn't you say? Because I certainly would.

What will be the next step if this doesn't work? Its not an unreasonable question.

Comment

I'm not sure what you want me to do or say? It is my experience that this is defintely a server issue. There is nothing on the vB end of things that would cause intermittent connection failures like this, again assuming you have not installed any hacks. If it were a vB issue, then no connections would go through at all.

We are offering to help you the best we can with your server, but because you are on a shared server the options to do so are very limited. You can get mad at me if you want, but this doesn't change the basic facts. We are doing what we can to help, even though this is not a vB caused problem. What is your host doing to help resolve this?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I'm not sure what you want me to do or say? It is my experience that this is defintely a server issue. There is nothing on the vB end of things that would cause intermittent connection failures like this, again assuming you have not installed any hacks. If it were a vB issue, then no connections would go through at all.

We are offering to help you the best we can with your server, but because you are on a shared server the options to do so are very limited. You can get mad at me if you want, but this doesn't change the basic facts. We are doing what we can to help, even though this is not a vB caused problem. What is your host doing to help resolve this?
                              I'll have to wait until eva shows up with some optimization advise. My hosting says their mysql server is functioning perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                              X